Thursday, April 15, 2010

African Pietersite

African Pietersite is truly a remarkable stone. I paid a bit more for my Pietersite cabs than some of my others because of their beauty and collectability.

As the authentic form of Pietersite, the African material is the one that tends to yeild the denim blues with the golds. There is a Chinese material, that has been referred to as Pietersite but, in my opinion, it has nothing on the African stuff.

I've had this rare gem in my shop for quite awhile but admittedly my photographs were very poor, not leaving as much to be desired. Recently I went through and tried rephotographing my inventory. There is a fluidity and chatoyancy that just can't be captured with a camera. So for this, you'll just have to take my word. I've priced my Pietersite very low considering my prices for materials and time in wrapping each piece. If you're interested in browsing my store for this cool collector gem click HERE.

If you're interested in more information on African Pietersite Wikipeida has some general information.

No comments:

Post a Comment