Thursday, August 20, 2009

Trying New Things

If you check my store frequently you've noticed I haven't been listing new items lately. There are a few reasons for this. For one, supplies are pricey and until I make some more sales, I won't be able to bring out many new items. Two, I've been taking my creativity to a new dimension. I've been painting. Using watercolor pencils and a micron pen, I've been having a blast bringing to life new ideas--and old ones.

In my art I'm able to share my faith, my love for my kids, adoption and my love for nature. I hope in the near future to be able to feature some of my paintings/drawings in my blog and share the individual inspiration for them.

Etsy has many talented artists selling on their site. I'm not sure whether I'll be sharing any of my ACEO (art card sized) paintings. I'm so new to the world of painting and this was literally the first time painting since I was taking art in high school! While I'm happy with what I've produced, I'm not sure of the interest others will have in my work .

Below is one I painted. It's a larger version of an ACEO I did. It represents the new life I have in Christ as He touched my heart giving me a new life in Him.


The next I painted for the family room to bring out the colors. Didn't feel it really went with it so it's in the kitchen which connects to the family room.


Below is another shot of my art card sized paintings. Each one has it's own story.

The last picture is one I painted tonight for my daughter's room. I'm really going to have to do something for my boys' rooms. My 8 year old is a bit tired of Buzz Lightyear.

No comments:

Post a Comment